The Silver Springs Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) recognizes the unique location of Florida’s Silver Springs and the surrounding Silver Springs community. The area serves as a gateway to the heart of Marion County and the environmental crossroads formed by the Silver Springs State Park, Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway and Indian Lake State Forest.
The CRA is intended to create opportunities to further environmentally aware economic growth and development, supporting and highlighting the relationships between Marion County’s citizens, businesses, and the environmental features surrounding the community.
Silver Springs CRA Finding of Necessity Study
The Marion County Board of County Commissioners (Board) initiated a Finding of Necessity (FON) Study which qualified the area for the CRA Program. The FON was approved by the Board in 2012 via Resolution No. 2012-R-185.
After approval of the FON, the Community Redevelopment Plan (CRP) was developed following a series of community meetings with interested property owners and citizens. The CRP is the broad planning document identifying and guiding efforts and activities within the CRA and providing authorization for the expenditure of CRA funds. With completion of the Silver Springs CRP, the Board acted to create the Silver Springs CRA.
The Board’s first step was creating the Silver Springs CRA Trust Fund by Ordinance No. 2013-15, which was accompanied by the approval and adoption of the Silver Springs CRP by Resolution No. 2013-R-200.
- Creation of the Silver Springs CRA and the Silver Springs CRA trust fund per Ordinance No. 2013-15.
- Approving the Silver Springs CRA CRP per Resolution No. 2013-R-200.
- Approved Silver Springs CRA Community Redevelopment Plan document.
- Silver Springs CRA boundary with parcels.
- Silver Springs CRA with Future Land Use designations.
Trust Fund Budgets (listed by fiscal year):
- 2014-2015 Adopted Oct. 21, 2014.
- 2014-2015 Budget amendment adopted June 16, 2015 per Resolution 2015-CRA-1.
- 2015-2016 Adopted Adopted Sept. 15, 2015 per Resolution 2015-R-393.
- 2016-2017 FY16/17 Budget and Resolution.
Trust Fund Annual Audit/Financial Reports:
None to date, the CRA’s first fiscal year concludes Sept. 30, 2015. The Annual Audit/Financial Report will not be available until the 2016 calendar year.
NOTE: The Audit/Financial Report for the Silver Springs CRA Trust Fund is provided within the general overall Marion County, Florida, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) due to the Silver Springs CRA’s status as a “dependent special district” pursuant to Section 189.418, Florida Statutes.
Marion County Clerk of Courts
- Please see the Marion County, Florida, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller’s Florida, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report website for a desired Audit/Financial Report which may be found here.