What is the Local Mitigation Strategy plan?
Marion County faces a variety of natural and man-made hazards that could affect the lives and property of the community and visitors. The Local Mitigation Strategy plan (LMS) investigates these hazards with the purpose of seeking an understanding the effects of and proposing mitigation strategies that would reduce or eliminate these hazards.
The LMS plan provides information; risk assessment, actions and strategies for mitigating; and reducing or eliminating the damaging impacts from natural and man-made hazards.
The LMS Steering Committee reviews and approves plans for submission to the Division of Emergency Management annually.
- 2017 annual report
- 2017-2018 LMS prioritized project list
- 2016 annual report
- 2016 LMS adoption by county and city
- 2015 adopted Local Mitigation Strategy
- 2014 annual report
- Proposed update presentation (March 11, 2015)
- LMS meeting minutes (March 18, 2015)
- LMS meeting minutes (July 8, 2015)
- LMS meeting minutes (Aug. 12, 2015)
- LMS meeting minutes (Sept. 10, 2015).
- Local Mitigation Strategy presentation (Oct. 15, 2015)