The Marion County Public Library System serves as a center of community engagement where citizens are informed, inspired and empowered.
The mission of the Marion County Public Library System is to connect citizens with information, ideas and experiences to strengthen and enrich our community and quality of life.
We recognize the essential role of reading for success in life and work, the importance of equal access to lifelong learning and the value of personal development and engagement to strengthen our community.
- Services accessible to all, without barriers.
- Collections of value and interest which are current and relevant to citizens.
- Outstanding reference, readers advisory and borrower services.
- A friendly, trained and highly competent staff who work together to provide responsive, quality customer service to all users.
- Applied technology to extend, expand and enhance services.
- Facilities that are inviting and safe, providing locations and hours convenient to customers.
- Stewardship of the public trust with efficient use of people and resources.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other agencies, and build public/private partnerships to enhance services to our users.
- An environment in which innovation is fostered.
To view the Marion County Public Library System's Strategic Plan in its entirety, click here.