|Click on each park name to view additional information.|
- Parks and Recreation
Hours of operation: sunrise to sunset
During the 1960s, recreational activities took place on a small three-acre tract in the city of Belleview’s central area now known as Cherokee Park. As participation in league activities grew tremendously, this area rapidly became too small to house the needs of the citizens.
The city had 17 acres of property located on what is now Southeast 107th Street which had been graciously donated to the citizens of the town of Belleview in 1944. Plans were developed in the mid 1970s to start developing this property into a recreational center. A group of area residents got together and, through hard work, dedication and their donations of money, time, and materials. were able to develop several league fields as well as and tennis and basketball courts. However, once again, the needs of the citizens outgrew the facilities.
In 1991, through the Marion County Pennies for Parks program, a 60-acre tract was acquired adjacent to the city’s sports complex. The city of Belleview partnered with Marion County to create a conceptual plan for the entire site. Through the acquisition of state and county grants, coupled with the hard work of area leagues, this park now houses softball, baseball, football and soccer leagues, tennis and basketball courts, a playground and picnic area along with support facilities including concession stands and restrooms.