24/7 CDC call center: 800-232-4636.
View county office and event/program updates here.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact county commissioners?

The Marion County Board of County Commissioners is the primary legislative and policy-making body for Marion County. Each commissioner represents one of the five districts in which they reside. Contact commissioners by calling the Commission Office at 352-438-2323.

When does the commission meet?

The County Commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 9 a.m. in the Commission Auditorium (601 SE 25th Ave., Ocala).

How is the county commission's overall operating budget funded?

The overall operating budget includes the county administrator and 24 departments and offices, and is funded through General County Ad Valorem taxes and other revenue sources. Ad valorem taxes are also used to fund the elected constitutional officers, state mandated programs such as Medicaid and various other programs.

How do I report a concern or issue?

Depending on the nature of your concern, you may wish to contact specific departments or agencies for  proper follow-up. Marion County government handles concerns or issues reported for unincorporated areas of Marion County (outside the municipalities of Belleview, Dunnellon and Ocala). 

If you live in an unincorporated area of Marion County:

Contact Animal Services at 352-671-8700 for lost and found pets or other animal-related concerns.

Contact the Office of the County Engineer at 352-671-8686 for road, traffic or stormwater concerns.

Contact Growth Services at 352-438-2600 for planning, zoning or code concerns.

If you live within a city, contact your municipality directly as follows:

City of Belleview - 352-245-7021

City of Dunnellon - 352-465-8500

City of Ocala - 352-369-CITY (2489)

How do I access court records?

For any type of court record (marriage license, divorce records, citations, arrest records, etc.), contact the Marion County Clerk of the Court's office at 352-671-5674 or visit the clerk's website here.

Where do I find property information?

Property records are available at the Marion County Property Appraiser's office. Contact that office by clicking here.

Where do I find tax records or information?

Tax records and information are available at the Marion County Tax Collector's office. Contact that office at 352-368-8200 or by clicking here.

How can I obtain a copy of a death certificate?

Death certificates may be ordered online from the Florida Department of Health. To order a certificate, click here.