24/7 CDC call center: 800-232-4636.
View county office and event/program updates here.

Tree service information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Important notice: Tree trimming and removal service providers are not required by the State of Florida nor Marion County to be licensed prior to performing services.

Protect yourself and your property with the below information.

Per the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services:
There is no state regulation or licensing of tree services.
Consumers should check the following before contracting with a tree removal service:
1. Some counties/municipalities may require an occupational or other license. (Marion County does not.)
2. The company should be bonded. Ask for a copy of their insurance policy.
3. Only pay after the job is completed. It is also recommended that consumers get estimates from several companies before choosing one. The estimates should be in writing to know exactly what is promised for what price.

Per the Marion County Tax Collector's Office:
Occupational Licenses

On Aug. 1, 2006, by a vote of 5-0, the Marion County Board of County Commissioners repealed the Occupational License Ordinance effective Oct. 1, 2006. There is no longer a requirement for a Marion County Occupational License after Sept. 30, 2006.

This change only affects occupational licenses issued by Marion County. It does not change any state-regulated professional requirements, building department licensing requirements or occupational license requirements for cities located in Marion County.

For information concerning other regulatory agencies please contact the following:
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at 850-487-1395.
- Marion County Building Safety at 352-438-2400.
- Marion County Contractor Licensing at 352-438-2428.
City of Ocala Building Division at 352-629-8421; if your business address is outside the city limits you do NOT need a City of Ocala Occupational License.
- City of Belleview Building Department at 352-233-2106; if you provide services within the Belleview city limits you may need an occupational license.
- City of Dunnellon Community Development Department at 352-465-8503; if your business address is outside the city limits, you do NOT need a City of Dunnellon Occupational License.