|View our projects funded
by the Penny sales tax here.
Right-of-Way (ROW) utilization permits are required for all construction, herbicide/pesticide spraying, tree clearing, and all temporary private use of public right-of-way. A driveway connection permit is required for any development or construction activity accessing county right-of-way.
ROW and driveway permit applications are processed through our Customer Service Center (CSC). In addition, the CSC assists with road, sign, signal and other maintenance requests, general inquiries and overhead banner displays as well as permit-related lane and road closure requests.
In an effort to meet customers’ expectations and enhance our delivery of service, we have two locations staffed by our CSC team.
- Our main office is located on the west side of the McPherson Campus on Southeast 25th Avenue.
- A satellite location is located at Growth Services, next to Library Headquarters-Ocala, on East Silver Springs Boulevard.
We would be happy to assist you. Contact our office during business hours:
- Contact our Customer Service Center at 352-671-8686.
- Email permitting inquiries.
- Email road, sign, signal or other inquiries.
After-hour emergencies regarding roadways, signs or signals should be reported to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office at 352-732-9111. The sheriff's office will notify our on-call technician.