Responsible Operations And Dependable Service
Find out here!
Learn how here.
The Road Maintenance section is focused on providing sound, efficient, and reliable maintenance repairs and enhancements to the county-maintained road system. We maintain more than 2,900 miles of paved and unpaved roads within Marion County.
Additional roads within, but not maintained by, the county may
- Fall under another governmental authority (city, state, federal);
- Be privately owned;
- Be under developer maintenance; or
- Include those not previously accepted for maintenance by the Board of County Commissioners.
We frequently inspect the county’s maintained road system in an effort to proactively identify and resolve problem areas, and we rely heavily on the public to assist us in notification of road hazards or maintenance needs.
To report concerns, during business hours, please contact our Customer Service Center at 352-671-8686 or via email. A service request will be generated, investigated and evaluated for corrective measures. A response will be provided, normally within three business days, of the details of our findings or actions to be taken. After-hour emergencies can be reported to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office at 352-732-9111. The sheriff's office will notify our on-call technician.
- Marion County's interactive map with various layers including the Transportation category where you will find road maintenance and functional classification information.
- Transportation Maintenance and Operation Standards (our maintenance policy).
- Road maintenance quick guide learn how different roads are maintained.